Thursday, January 3, 2013

Macaron Testing


Finally gave in and made macarons. Finding a reliable macaron recipe is like finding a needle in a haystack. The first batch (rose flavored macarons) I made turned out hollow and not so pretty, so I turned them into a macaron cone and discarded the recipe. The second (chocolate with coffee buttercream filling) was chewy and fell flat on top, I'm guessing I didn't rap the tray hard enough. But the third (mango with chocolate buttercream filling) and fourth (raspberry with raspberry filling) turned out just ok, they're the same basic recipe.

Yes they all have feet. They all have egg shell like domed top. But the insides aren't soft and therefore doesn't melt in the mouth the way macarons should. I'm still under the process of making them almost perfect.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment