Saturday, November 10, 2012

Baked Raspberry Custard



I got fresh raspberries from the grocery knowing I want to make something out of them, I just didn't know what.
I googled "raspberry recipes" and went straight to images, (when I search for recipes, I wanna see what it looks like before I make it) and they all looked so complicated. I just wanted to make something simple and straightforward. I used to have a french recipe book which had a recipe for peach clafouti, I remembered how easy and quick it was to make.

A little trivia: The dish's name derives from Occitan clafotis, from the verb clafir, meaning "to fill" (implied: "the batter with cherries"). Clafoutis apparently spread throughout France during the 19th century.



I found this recipe in Martha Stewart website, there they just call it baked raspberry custard. I love it, sounds more homely.

BAKED RASPBERRY CUSTARD

||  Prep Time: 10 mins.  ||  Total Time: 30 mins.  ||  Yield: Serves 6  ||

Ingredients:

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups raspberries (about 9 ounces)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F / 204 degrees C. In oven, melt butter in a 9-inch pie plate, about 6 minutes.

2. In a blender, combine milk, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, salt and vanilla. Add melted butter and blend mixture until smooth, 30 seconds.

3. Distribute berries evenly in pie plate and pour batter over top. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and bake until slightly puffed and just set in middle, 20 to 25 minutes. Heat broiler and broil until top is deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.

Recipe from Martha Stewart



No comments:

Post a Comment